Monday 14 September 2015

Hello Writerly World!

Photo Source

I haven't been published, I don't have an agent-- hell, I don't even have a completed manuscript. But what I do have is lots of determination to finish a manuscript (or ten) and get myself published.

Okay, that was kinda cheesy. I'm terrible at introductions, but let's try again anyway.

Hi, I'm Darcy and I'm an university student who writes YA fantasy fiction when I should be studying. I've been writing on and off for years, but it's only in the last year or so that I've gotten serious about wanting to be published and really starting to hone my writing skills and reading a lot of writing advice. I've come a long way from the 13 year old kid who thought a vampire prince romance she wrote with her friends was the Best Thing Ever, but I've still got a lot to learn.

The point is, I don't really have many writerly qualifications that qualify me to sit here and give you advice on how you should write. So, this blog will not be a how-to-write-blog.

This will be a how-I-write blog.

I'll be sharing tips and tricks that I've learnt, things that inspire me, and writing related thoughts every Monday and Thursday (NZST). Expect to see posts about the way I outline my novels, to reviews, to things in Chinese history that pique my interest.

At the end of the day, no matter how many times I complain on Twitter about it, I love writing. I may not love every single word I commit to paper (or word document), but I love learning and improving.

So hopefully, this blog will help someone who loves to write as much as me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Darcy Hsu. All rights reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio.